Sunday, January 12, 2020

Please Stop Me Before I Explode

I went to a garden party, bloated. I was not hungry. I got around food, cold bland food, and I got hungry. Way too hungry. Eating until I could barely move is an old habit, a trap I have not fallen into in a long time. Here we are tonight. Ok, so buy the elliptical tomorrow. That's what I said to myself last week. Pity the fool who lies to himself. The best of intentions, that's what should be carved on the tombstone. Work left no time for me at all, not even a drink break, no less lunch or any other break. A phone call ordering something that costs more than $4,000? Not something I want to do without time to focus on the call. I have a doctor waiting for a call back too. Business hours have been for work business only the past few weeks, more than ever.

So where's the cookie?

Yeah, so anyway, the body moves through the days from task to task without pause for maintenance. The toll is poor labs (estimated, as I don't want to visit a doctor in the current medical system, since there are no overt symptoms, just the bloat and my sense that labs are out of whack), weight gain, and stress. The good news is I am writing this entry. These words bring the dietary habits, reduced exercise, and out-of-touch fool into consciousness, which is a big step in the right direction. Awaken, fool, and take care of the body as well as you are taking care of work business.

Cuz nobody else is close enough to be the daily reminder we would like to have. And waiting for proof that someone knows me and cares enough to be that daily reminder is a fool's errand. Cuz all we have is many years of proof that nobody does. Wah wah wah, woe is me, and the poor-me-pity party doesn't help a bit anymore. So share it off fool, nobody cares enough and that's life, it's your choice to live or die and you know what to do either way, s what'll it be?

I hope we choose to live.

Narf :)

No comments: