Saturday, January 11, 2020

Fat Girl on The Left

There are reasons, beyond those, for the return of the chocoholic self-indulgences. Pizza, Meatballs subs, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream (with chocolate fudge and/or chocolate shells, and then some... cheeburger cheeburger, even). The body calmly says "If I got on the scale, I believe I am well past 200, mos likely approaching 220 again." Then it screams.

We shopped for an elliptical machine. We worked more than 70 hours at the office this week, so I did not follow up on the purchase. Rushing a purchase of a few thousand dollars is not wise, especially when the product is meant to be a 20+ year commitment. Still, procrastination plays loudly. We just picked up the phone, but neither the store, nor the manager's number was listed in the phone. I know I called, I just must not have added either as a contact. Self-defeated again.

Wait, we can find the number by looking in out-going calls for the approximate time I called last weekend. There it is. Wait again, the store guy, who was not the manager and had no clue about the equipment, sent me a quote by email (he had to call someone to find out how to do that... I was not impressed, nor was I buying anything through him that day... then, the overly busy week). Then, a sudden search today shows the model I am closest to buying (Tue es300) doesn't even appear here in a top review and advice site (graphic below). The expensive well known brand (Precor) does though, and it is still an option.

Elliptical Buying Guide Infographic

I am very glad I did not impulsively call to order the es300 because there is no es300. That is the machine I asked for at the store and the ignorance store clerk sent me a quote for the ps300, a model that does not have one key feature that would have had me unhappily sending it back after delivery and installation. As I learned here, even professional gym store clerks can be quite ignorant. The clerks gross obesity, failure to get up out of his chair, and complete lack of knowledge about the basics of the machines should have been a clue, but he called another store and they sent me the quote. If I could find the elliptical I want at another store, I'd likely choose the other store, but this store has the two brands I've narrowed my search down to, True and Precor. Precor is more expensive and takes up more space, but is the premium gym model. True is not as easy to find.

Back to reassessing machines.

Push to buy soon continues on (thanks Jane) and off (everybody else) though, so soon?

Narf :)

No comments: